For drivers of all different types of vehicles, who are looking for a good value, mid range all season tire then it might be worth your while to look at two comparable brands and models – the Michelin CrossClimate 2 vs the Toyo Celsius.
Both classified as winter tires, both brands are available for sale at the best price at blackcircles.ca – one of Canada’s favourite online websites to buy tires.
If you are looking at comparing the Toyo Celsius to the Michelin CrossClimate, then it’s good to note that both of these winter tires come in models and sizes suitable for a wide range of vehicles, such as passenger cars and sedans, SUVs and crossovers (CUVs). Of course, if you have questions on what size and model are best for your vehicle and the common winter weather conditions in your area, then it’s easy to ask questions. Just call, email or start an online chat with a friendly member of the blackcircles.ca team and someone will be happy to help.
For anyone looking for a great set of all-season tires, the Michelin CrossClimate 2 was launched in North America in 2021, replacing the 2015 model, which, at that time, was an all-season tire. This new tire replaced the following models – the CrossClimate+, CrossClimate SUV, Premier A/A and the Premier LTX.
Toyo Tires have been manufacturing a wide range of tires for vehicles for over 75 years, and opened a manufacturing location in North America in the late 1980s. In 2016-2017, the Toyo brand of tires received the BrandLaureate Best Brands award for its Proxes tire series, as being a tire model that offered compete customer satisfaction. Today, Toyo has several facilities where they manufacture their internationally recognized models of tires in both Canada – in Richmond, BC, where they have both a manufacturing and distribution facility, and the United States.
The Michelin CrossClimate 2 tire comes in a choice of 105 sizes, for 15 to 20-inch wheels, which means that you will easily find the right size for your vehicle. Other specifications of this Michelin tire include:
- Safe to drive when brand new, and as the tire wears
- All weather traction, that means you have a safe drive in all Canada’s seasons
- Based on Michelin’s tests, the CrossClimate 2 tires last a minimum of one year longer than competitors tires.
- When tested by a third party, the Michelin CrossClimate 2 tire provided 31 per cent better snow traction over four of the top competitors tires
The Toyo Celsius brand of tire is a great choice of all season for passenger cars and sedans, and also comes in a variety of sizes for SUVs and CUVs. Some of the other specifications of the Toyo Celsius tire include:
- An all-weather tire that has been specifically proven to be safe and reliable in winter driving conditions
- A greatly affordable tire that fits a wide variety of passenger cars and sedans, as well as SUVs and CUVs
- A great choice for someone looking for the safety of a winter tire, that doesn’t want the added expense and hassle of storing and installing winter tires every year
- A specially engineered tread design that provides more traction in snow and ice than your average winter tire
- Proven to have a longer tread life than the average winter tire (Thus saving you money!)
- Features the Three-Peak Mountain symbol, meaning this tire exceeds the snow tire performance standards set by Transport Canada
Michelin has touted this model as one of the best all season tire on the market, with the longest lasting tread compared to other all season tires in the same class. Some of the other features of the Michelin CrossClimate 2 tires include:
- V-shaped tread design help prevent hydroplaning by chanelling water away from the centre of the tire
- 3-D Sipe lock means there are hundreds of biting edges built into the tire tread, ensuring the tire grips the road effectively
- Michelin’s new Thermal Adaptive Tread Compound is a new elastomer that makes up the tread and ensures the tire adapts to all types of road conditions
- According to a consumer website that compares traction and tread amongst the more popular brands of tires, when comparing the Toyo Celsius vs Michelin CrossClimate , the Toyo Celsius – in some cases, showed a longer tread life and has been recommended by many customers as one of the best all weather tires available for sale on the market
- Deep evacuation grooves on the inside tread that help eliminate slush that may accumulate in the tread, allowing for a stronger grip
- Variable multi-wave sipes that run the full depth of the tire tread adding to tread block rigidity, and giving drivers better ice traction, while ensuring a more even wear pattern
- Unique tread compound that has been specifically designed for this tire’s asymmetric tread pattern so that all season performance is maximized on the outside of the tread, while offering additional support to the inner tread area for maximum handling in winter conditions
If you still haven’t made a decision on what type of all season tires you want to purchase, and you are still comparing the Michelin CrossClimate 2 vs the Toyo Celsius, then the team at blackcircles.ca is here to help. Whether you need help figuring out what size of tire you need for your vehicle, or if you have more specific questions about these two tires, all you need to do is reach out to the team at blackcircles.ca by email, phone or online chat, and your questions will be answered.